Thursday, January 13, 2011

Watch and Learn, Boys

Usually my daughter’s dance class is a family affair. The four of us drive to town, attend her class and then go out for dinner. Tonight, because of the day I had, I sat out the class part of the family date; they dropped me off at a coffee shop.  I had half of the store to myself.  On the other side of the fireplace two guys who looked to be in their late 20’s sat in overstuffed chairs and talked about last weekend. My first impression of them was not kind. They looked like douche bags to be perfectly honest with you.  By the time I left I had warmed up to them though. Yes they were young-ish partiers, and they considered chasing women a sport, but they were philosophical about the game. My warmer feelings were a result of my belief that these weren’t the kinds of guys who took advantage of anyone; every woman they met must know that she was a player in a game.  And as I listened to them talk about their lack of success last weekend I thought about how little I wanted to be them. Check this out:  No doubt they are good at what they do but, even considering their obvious charm and good looks, they must work their asses off to go to bed with a beautiful woman. And all I have to do is wink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment