Sunday, October 24, 2010

11 Words

I asked followers of Unconventional Wisdom's Facebook page to write one word in the comment section of a post. The following are the words they submitted:

Dude
Loquacious
Hola
Word
One
Conventional
Decency
Boob
Neologism
Skrote
Tired

I intended to use the list for writing practice, to see if I could write a post featuring each word. Here is what I came up with:

October 24, 2010

Some random words:  Dude, loquacious, hola, word, one, conventional, decency, boob, neologism, skrote, tired.

There.  I think I’m really growing as a writer. Don’t you?

Kidding.

Let’s try again:

“Hey, SKROTE, what’s up?”

“DUDE, I could tell you in ONE WORD: TIRED.”

“LOQUACIOUS today, huh?”

“I was out too late last night, went to a movie.”

“What did you see?”

“Something About Mary.”

“Oh, yeah. I’ve heard about that one. I can’t remember what it’s called either.”

“Something About Mary.”

“Yeah, that’s all I can remember too. Hmm. Mary. It’s definitely something about Mary. HOLA, Mary?  No. Oh well, it’s too early to think. It’ll come to us.”

“Whatever.”

“Were there any BOOBs in the movie?”

“Brett Favre.”

“Oh, that’s right, forgot he was in that. Where’s the DECENCY?”

“He’s not the CONVENTIONAL choice, that’s for sure. Maybe he’s related to the director.”

“Oh, you think a bit of NEOLOGISM was in play?”

“You mean nepotism. NEOLOGISM is when you coin a new word or phrase.”

“Oh.  Well, don’t I have a ballsack on my face! How embarrassing.”

No comments:

Post a Comment