Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dear Smitty

Dear Smitty,

Can you support a troop, not to mention many troops, with a magnet?

Signed,

Skeptical

Dear Skeptical,

Dude, you are right to be skeptical. I don't like to brag, but I have taken History 101 four times, so I can speak with some authority on this. Did you know that this was the only time in the history of the United States that taxes have been cut during a time of war?  (I wonder how that affected the deficit?) Listen bro, I am against the war in Iraq, but if we are going to fight, it seems to me we should all pay for it. The troops and their families (and your children and grandchildren. I don't have kids...that I know of) are the only ones paying now. So unless you have a troop in the fight, quit fooling yourself--you will never send enough muffins to make up for the fact that you supported a tax cut more than the troops.  Lose the magnet.

Smitty

1 comment: